Michael Leone on 1 Jul 2008 12:35:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Asterisk problem

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Michael Leone wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> wrote:
>> > Mike,
>> >
>> >  Thanks for the response. I am trying to determine what the best approach
>> > is. Unfortunately there are so many variations here. Systems, processors,
>> > OS's and versions of Asterisk and telephony hardware. You case may not
>> > have any bearing on mine, etc.
>> >
>> > I am NOT using any internal cards.
>> >
>> > I think the power managment might a good start. My processors do vary in
>> > speed. I just hate to run them flat out fo no reason.
>>
>> Why? What is the problem with running them at their rated speeds?
>
> Nothing other than wasted power and heat when not needed. That is the
> purpose of the variable speed.

Yeah? And? If running it at variable speed makes it not work right,
then what is the point of variable speed?

>> I would think that solving the problem (i.e., I need a PBX) to be of
>> more important consideration than the specifics of any one solution,
>> open source or not.
>>

> This is my personal system at home!

My question is still valid. You feel you need a PBX at home, else you
wouldn't do this (you're certainly not doing it because you're bored,
and looking for something to do). So there must be a need for a PBX.
And there are needs going unfulfilled, since you're spending so much
time with the PBX, instead of the other needs.

So my question - would it be easier to just buy one, and then you have
the time to devote to needs now not being serviced by you?

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

I couldn't understand your attitude.
I only wanted to take a photograph of you,
But I was shocked when I heard what you had to say.
You picked up my camera, threw it away,
I didn't really mean to ruin your day.
 -- "Heart of Gold", the Kinks