Eric on 6 Jul 2008 09:48:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Xubuntu auto mount

Adam:

I struggled with the same thing and devised a script that runs when a user logs
in.  It requires that sudo be configured to allow a user script to mount file
systems.  Here is a copy of the script that I run today with a few identifying
items removed:

export
OPTIONS='rw,cred=/home/user/bin/cred.txt,file_mode=0000,dir_mode=0000,debug=1,dom=MSHOME,servern=SERVER'

cd ~/MOUNTS/

for dir in  user share music
do
    cd $dir >> /dev/null
    RES=`df -h . | gawk '/MOUNTS/ { print 1 } '`
    if  test "$RES" == '1' ; then
       echo $dir is mounted
    else
       echo mounting $dir
       sudo /sbin/mount.cifs //MOUNTS/$dir /home/user/MOUNTS/$dir/ --verbose -o
$OPTIONS
    fi
    cd ..
done

It's a hack but it works.  In the future I'd use the names of the existing
directories in the "MOUNTS" directory an mapping to the server shares to be mounted.

I put a link to this file in the KDE directory that contains scripts to run on
startup but you will, of course, have to choose a different course.

Hope this helps!

Eric

--
#  Eric Lucas