jazzman on 8 Jul 2008 19:15:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] USB Hub Blocks Web Cam

I ran into this issue before as well. I found, after some digging, that
there is some known issue in V4L where a camera like a quickcam (may be
quickcam specific... not sure) must be the ONLY device on a root hub or
else you'll actually get a kernel fault (at least that's what I found and
verified it was not just me... google was my friend).

USB Hubs count as another device on the root hub, so remove that. Try just
the camera and nothing else and I bet it works.

Regards
Marc