jeff on 8 Jul 2008 19:30:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] laptop issue

addt'l info

/var/log/messages

(bunch of) kernel: [  23.166492] system 00:0d: iomem range
0xc0000-0xcffff could not be reserved
.
.
.
kernel: [  310.720769] xfce4-session[8402]: segfault at 00000014 eip
08057d78 esp bf93dc20 error 4

I'm Googling with little luck.  Segfaults like mad but nothing that
looks relevant.

Can't ctl-alt-Fx.  Only get black screen with F6, nothing otherwise.
Is XF86Misc (below) valid with xorg?