Claude M. Schrader on 6 Aug 2008 21:00:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] ISP's

On 12:55 Wed 06 Aug     , Matt Mossholder wrote:

> ----- schwepes@netaxs.com wrote:
>
> > Netaxs is ending its telnet service and as I find telnet very
> > useful in reading my mail at various job sites and for using
> > with a dial up system dependent upon flakeky landlines, I want
> > to know if anyone provides similar services.
> > This is really the wrong time to suggest that I upgrade to FIOS,
> > cmcast or RCN.
> > bs
> >

> You could always keep Netaxs, and get a free shell account from someone else...
>
> http://www.red-pill.eu/freeunix.shtml
>

>      --Matt

rootshell.be also offers free shell accounts...not sure if they offer
telnet though. Putty is a very fast download and does not require running
an installer. You may as well enter the 90s and start using SSH. :-)
Enabling compression in SSH reduces the bandwidth a lot, so its still very
usable on low bandwidth connections.
Claude