Art Alexion on 10 Aug 2008 11:05:06 -0700

[PLUG] PLUG messages as false spam

With this verizon account, my mail used to be handled by yahoo and their
flawed spam filters.

When I learned that I could run the mail through gmail and take advantage of
their spam filter and imap, I moved my old alexion.com account.  alexion.com
is a high spam account.  As everything was working really well, with very
little spam getting through, and almost no noticeable false poshitives, I
moved verizon.net there as well, turning off yahoo's spam filter to avoid the
rampant false positives that filter produces.

Surprisingly, many (35%?) of PLUG messages get caught anyway.  PLUG and
another, non-technical list.  Nothing seems amiss in the threads that get
caught.  The most recent message to get interceted was John Lavin's recent
post regarding Tivo and MythTV.

Anybody else with a gmail account have this message trapped as well? noticing
the same problem? Any ideas what is triggering this?