Paul L. Snyder on 25 Aug 2008 07:14:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Logo! And LinkedIn

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Elizabeth Bevilacqua wrote:

> "I grant PLUG the rights to use the images however it sees fit. Others
> can use the Franklin Tux images via a CC BY-NC license (by Stephanie
> Fox for PLUG/phillylinux.org, based on Larry Ewing's Tux). The NC
> restriction is waived if proceeds from the commercial use of the image
> are given to PLUG."
>
> Licensing is not my forte - but based on discussion I think this
> should work out OK?

CC would seem to be perfectly appropriate.  "PLUG" is a pretty nebulous
concept, as we're not any sort of formal organization, but I don't think
that's much of a concern.  Mike has the right of it: no need to make
a bigger deal of this than necessary.

Not sure about this business of putting one o' them new-fangled "images" on
the PLUG website, though.  I may have to switch from lynx to w3m. ;)

Paul