Matt Mossholder on 2 Sep 2008 15:25:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mysql versioning

You could also version the settings "in table"... have another column where you keep the version of the setting (or maybe a timestamp), and rather than changing the setting, you insert a new version of it. Then you in your select statements, make sure you always query for the max version. If you set the table to not permit updates or deletes, it should be pretty tight. You might also have the same effect by using triggers on an existing table that archive out the old setting before replacing it with the new one (and record who made the change, when, etc.).

     --Matt Mossholder