Brian Vagnoni on 1 Sep 2008 11:45:56 -0700

[PLUG] Digital Mistakes & PLUG Business

(Puts body armor on to prevent head from being bitten off)

:-)

Not sure whether I can do this here or at the meeting.
As always I encourage discussion as there is nothing
personal here nor should anyone ever take anything I
write as a personal attack. I assure you my heart just
isn't in that place.

I would like to put forth a motion with regard to way the
content of the list archives are handled.

Right now the archives are open to every bot and search
engine out there. I would like to see that changed in a
way that would asure that only a list registered human
was reading the information.

As a community I believe we want to enable people to feel
comfortable posting here. This is a human community and
in a human community mistakes happen. Most human mistakes
are forgiven and forgotten in the real world. Digital
mistakes however take on a life of their own and almost
never go away.

Many forums & lists these days are taking steps to prevent
sites like google from just accessing this information
with ease. For example I block google at my firewall from
indexing my site.

Like I've mentioned before I feel we should be more
concerned about the big data corporations harvesting
information about us for profit than Schlocko the uberleet
script kiddie from Futardistan.

Your comments are always welcome.