Matthew Rosewarne on 12 Sep 2008 10:37:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] KDE4

On Friday 12 September 2008, Eric wrote:
> I still like to be able to drag or save files to my desktop while I'm
> working on them and then "file" them later and it's irritating (but not
> fatal) that dolphin does not allow me to drag a file to the desktop.  I
> suppose I'll adapt :-)

It's probably a good thing to know about folderview, since it's the
replacement for icons-on-desktop.

> Also, my normal desktop is a "bar" across the top with frequently used
> applications and the backgrounded apps like truecrypt, update, volume,
> etc.  Then I have a thin bar across the bottom with the taskbar and
> virtual desktop pager.  In KDE4 I cannot find the controls to add,
> reposition, or configure the bars.  Am I missing a package perhaps?

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the "top bar", but if you mean adding
more panels, you can certainly do that.  Look for the cashew-like thing in the
top-right corner of the screen or on the side of panels.