Louis Kratz on 14 Sep 2008 07:08:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Ipod Touch

> My iPod mini syncs
> well with amarok; this device requires "jailbreaking" and the
> installation of an ash server. I haven't got it to work yet.

There is a project in early stages to mount the iphone/ipod touch over the usb:
http://matt.colyer.name/projects/iphone-linux/index.php?title=Main_Page
I've played with it, and was able to mount my iphone (non-jailbroken).
However, amarok/gtkpod will still not work yet since apple updated the
hashing scheme used in the ipod database.  My understanding is that
its being looked into though.