Marty O'Brien on 23 Sep 2008 10:04:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Xandros hacking on eeePC

Hi Art,

I am only familiar with the GUI way of doing it...if you need the CLI way, I can't help you at all.

I used to use Xandros on quite a few systems, and when I would install it, it would make you login by default, the opposite of what you are experiencing. The solution was to go into the Xandros Control Center, then I think it was under "Administer" or "Administrator" --> "Users and Groups".

There would be a number of tabs on top, and there is one pretty far to the right either called "security" or "Login" or "Auto-Login" or something like that. Click on that tab and there should be settings that control the autologin function, where you can select which user is logged in by default, or disable it all together. This is pretty much the standard KDE stuff, Xandros just renames and reorganizes it a little.

Sorry for being vague, I stopped using Xandros about a month ago in favor of Ubuntu due to the cost and lack of updates for Xandros software. If you can't find the settings, let me know and I'll boot into an old Xandros partition and get the exact names and locations of the stuff for you.

--Marty