K.S. Bhaskar on 28 Sep 2008 19:05:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Debugging looping reboots

I was never able to narrow it down with Ubuntu, but with Fedora Core
10, I narrowed the problem down to the kernel module acpi_cpufreq.  In
64-bits, the instant the module is loaded, the laptop reboots.  If I
make sure the module is never loaded, the laptop runs fine, but I
can't shut it down - I have to reboot and hit the power switch as it's
rebooting.

In 32-bits, everything runs fine, so that's what it's going to college
with.  The whole thing is most puzzling.  Now I understand why the
guide book for our brave new world of free / open source software is
called "The Cathedral and the Bizarre!"  8-)

Regards
-- Bhaskar