Michael Bevilacqua on 6 Oct 2008 15:35:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Icecast/ices2 configuration question

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
I have mpd, icecast, and ices2 running on the same server.   I want to use the
output of the sound card as the input to the ices2 server, but can't figure
out how to do it.

I've only ever done this with 'darkice' which is working on a few production machines I've built. Obviously this is different because I am streaming to shoutcast servers.

The only problem is I'm not getting any audio, because
the input to the ices2 process appears to be muted.

If you are using ALSA, alsaconf will display a capture page (use the Tab key to get to it). To capture a line-level input, select the line-level slider and use the space key. Make sure you adjust the capture level and AC97 level as well.

Also, have a look through amixer(1) if you want to script your levels once/if you get it working.

Hope this helps.

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua
michael@bevilacqua.us