Steve Morgan on 8 Oct 2008 06:50:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Google groups, OT

The days of when Usenet access was a shining part of your standard
Internet Service package are over.  I worked for an ISP over 10 yrs
ago as my first job in high school and we always tried to advertise
all of the number of newsgroups we provided access to.  It was a cat
and mouse game almost, who could provide access to more newsgroups and
the longest retention of articles.  Now it seems Internet service is
all about one's pipe to the Internet leaving the other services
behind.

Steve Morgan