jim fisher on 22 Oct 2008 06:47:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Static or Dynamic IP Address?

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:13 AM, Matthew Rosewarne <mrosewarne@inoutbox.com> wrote:

According to the people I spoke to at Verizon, incoming ports 80 and 25 are
blocked on *ALL* dynamic accounts, even business ones.  However, when they
were selling me my residential service, they also assured me those same ports
would be open, so I'd recommend you try to find someone who has a dynamic
business account to make sure.

My Verizon Business Dynamic blocks 80.

If you want a relatively inexpensive way to be able to run servers, consider
purchasing DSL service from a leased-line carrier (or "Incumbent Local
Exchange Carrier").  They lease the line from the phone companies, but can
offer lower prices, better service, less draconian terms, and/or other
benefits.

My residential Cavalier C2 bundle doesn't.  \o/

jim fisher
Jedijf

irc freenode  #ubuntu-us-pa
www.myfisher.org