Matthew Rosewarne on 24 Oct 2008 08:21:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PDF Editing in OOo 3.0

As far as I'm aware, the idea of pdfedit is to tweak PDFs in case the output
isn't quite right, not to do any serious composition or editing.

One of the other tools I've had success with is pdf2svg, which generally
produces something editable in inkscape.

Scribus also has a PDF import functionality through GhostScript, though
GhostScript seems to choke on some files.

None of these is going to work on scanned pages, but there's always pdfimages.