Michael Leone on 24 Oct 2008 12:41:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PDF Editing in OOo 3.0

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Or (more likely) they
>> figure a TIFF would lead people to think it's an image, and not a
>> document.
>
> And they would be right!

And it wouldn't matter, because they wouldn't care. Nor would knowing
that help them in any way, really.  Look at it from their perspective
... Can they view it that way (as encapsulated JPG in a PDF)? Yes. OK,
problem solved. Next ?

A minor quibble, I think.

>> And doing that solves the problem for the majority. Congratulations;
>> once again, you are in the minority,
>
> I really wish that would entitle me to a grant or something...

Is this where I make a smart-alec remark about "spreading the wealth"? :-)

(it wasn't a political commentary, honest - just a cheap joke)

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

"It is useless to hold a person to anything he says while he's in
love, drunk, or running for office."
...Shirley MacLaine