Jeff Weisberg on 9 Nov 2008 13:42:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] music jukebox

| I'd like to set up a Linux "jukebox" type application to play mp3/ogg
| files.  It turns out that Amarok is too complex for the casual (family
|  member) user  :-)
|
| Any suggestions and/or recommendations?

I started years ago with writing my own perl scripts, then
tried a number of open-source apps. then I found
	http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html

I have one in my livingroom, and another my bedroom.
the server side is hackable perl, and the user interface
side is easily usable by guests and family.

	--jeff