Chad Waters on 9 Nov 2008 16:00:26 -0800

Re: [PLUG] 'Painless' upgrade from Xubuntu to Kubuntu?

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Adam J. Zion <x> wrote:
> OK, stipulated right up front: the best way to 'upgrade' from Xubuntu to
> Kubuntu is to back up my home directory + do a clean install of the new
> distro. That being said, is there any straightforward way to install the new
> release of Kubuntu over Xubuntu? I tried sudo apt-get install
> kubuntu-desktop, but that didn't work b/c of dependency errors (surprising
> w/apt-get).

I've never had any issues with simultaneous installs of ubuntu/kubuntu/xubuntu.

What I do see is:
Sometimes they fight over the theming of various things like usplash
and gdm. And currently networkmanager runs both gnome and kde applets
in my gnome panel (it hasn't annoyed me enough to act on it ... yet).

-Chad