Brian Stempin on 9 Nov 2008 20:40:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] music jukebox

I've suffered through the iTouch....

I own an older iPod Mini, which works *great* with GTKPod.  This is because the old-school iPods appear as removable USB drive to the machine, allowing someone to reverse-engineer the db files and write to them directly.

The iTouch, however, appears as it's own device type to the host system.  Because of this, the traditional way of using an iPod on any Linux system is out-the-window.  I had to jailbreak my iTouch, install SSH on it, and use SSHFS + GTKPod to load music to it.  It turned out that my version of GTKPod didn't support the iTouch db files, so it did all of that work for nothing (I didn't feel like compiling the latest version of GTKPod).  BLAAAAAA!