Art Alexion on 13 Nov 2008 18:31:18 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Color Laser multi-function for Linux

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 8:51 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> We've talked about printers on the list before and even recently, but
> we've focused more on the low-end ones.  I need 2 color laser
> printer/scanner/copier(/fax?) devices that can do all of that via
> Ethernet to Linux (and some WinXP2 in VMware VMs).  A duplexer would be
> nice, but isn't required.
>
> Less is better for price, but realistically, $600-800 will probably fly.

The Dell 3115cn works nicely with Linux.  It comes with a PPD in an
RPM, easily extracted for installation with the CUPS managers.

Scanning is another issue.  Haven't gotten sane to work with it, and
it is balking at network authentication for saving the scans to disk
or email.

No idea what the price is, because Dell gave it to us in hopes of
selling us a bunch of them.