Ugarit Ebla on 14 Nov 2008 09:08:17 -0800

[PLUG] Installing Ubuntu remotely via IPMI?

Ok, I'm a little confused on how to do this.

My colleague and I bought
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816101073R and
he's installed the server at a remote hosting site but without an OS.
He's left the country so he cannot go back and continue with the OS
installation.

As stated the machine has no OS but the installation CD for Ubuntu is in
the CD drive and I can access the IPMI via web and then via "console".
I can see that the Ubuntu cd is mounted under /cdrom but I don't know
how to install the OS remotely.  I've installed Ubuntu many times but
never remotely.  How do I proceed with the installation?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.