Soren Harward on 14 Nov 2008 10:45:53 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Color Laser multi-function for Linux

On Thursday 13 November 2008 20:51:33 JP Vossen wrote:
> I'm a die-hard HP fan (I still have a working LaserJet4 circa 1992), but
> everyone's been saying good things about Brother's Linux support, so I
> was checking into them.

I had an MFC-8720 (or rather, my roommate had it and I administered it) that
worked fine for Linux printing.  I didn't try any of the other functions.

But I will say this: every Brother laser printer that I've used has had
absolutely horrible raster graphics output.  They do really well for text and
vector graphics, but everything else is severely pixelated and badly
dithered.  Printouts from Google Maps are almost unreadable.

If you need graphics output, go with the HP.

--
Soren Harward
sth@freeshell.org