JP Vossen on 15 Nov 2008 10:52:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Your recommendations

 > Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 02:36:00 -0500
 > From: Matthew Rosewarne <mrosewarne@inoutbox.com>
 >
 > On Saturday 15 November 2008, JP Vossen wrote:
 > > > 	Physical volume = vg_{hostname}
 >
 > To nit-pick, that's a volume group, not to be confused with a
physical > volume.

Yup, sorry about that.  At least I got the vg_ prefix right... :-)

 > With GRUB 2, there is no longer a need for a separate /boot partition,
 > as GRUB  2 can load the kernel directly from an LV.

Cool, but is anyone actually using GRUB2 yet?  OP said Ubuntu, and my
Ubuntu 8.10 has:
	$ grub --version
	grub (GNU GRUB 0.97)

> You don't have to specify extents, you should be able to specify
> sizes (i.e. "10G" or "512M").

That's news to me, does that work (yet) in the Ubuntu alternate CD?
I'll have to try it.

Later,
JP