Matthew Rosewarne on 15 Nov 2008 11:22:46 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Your recommendations

On Saturday 15 November 2008, JP Vossen wrote:
> Cool, but is anyone actually using GRUB2 yet?  OP said Ubuntu, and my
> Ubuntu 8.10 has:
> 	$ grub --version
> 	grub (GNU GRUB 0.97)

I'm running it on Debian, so I can only assume it's in Ubuntu somewhere.

> That's news to me, does that work (yet) in the Ubuntu alternate CD?
> I'll have to try it.

I'd expect the alternate installer is based on the Debian Installer, which
does let you specify sizes in [KMG]B.  The LVM tools themselves use -L for
specifying those sizes and -l for specifying the number of extents.