Tim Allen on 13 Dec 2008 17:44:44 -0800

Re: [PLUG] FREE Silicon Graphics Indigo 2

Apologies for the reply all, but I'm on my crackberry and can't find
an option for reply to individual.

I'll take it. This was the server I cut my teeth on, *nix wise, in
1995 or so! I'd love it. I'll drive to pick it up.

IRIX was actually awesome - I miss it.

Tim/Flip

On 12/13/08, Paul L. Snyder <plsnyder@drexel.edu> wrote:
> I have, in my dining room, a Silicon Graphics Indigo 2 workstation that's
> been sitting there for over year and I have reluctantly concluded I'm not
> going to get around to getting it set up any time soon.  Thus, I'm offering
> it to the first person who will take it off my hands.  Here's a bit of
> info about the Indigo 2:
>
>   http://www.obsolyte.com/sgi_indigo2/
>
> It comes with keyboard, mouse, and monitor.  I have an Ethernet transceiver
> for it somewhere, though it might take me a bit to find it.  It does not
> have a CD-ROM drive installed.
>
> I was told that the machine was working when it was given to me, but as
> I haven't had a chance to get it set up, there are no guarantees.
>
> Free to the first taker.  I can bring it to the next PLUG West meeting, or
> a rendevous can be arranged at a mutually convenient location.
>
> Paul

Sent from my mobile device