Casey Bralla on 18 Dec 2008 02:56:17 -0800

Re: [PLUG] how to backup/restore with XFS?

I did something similar this year when I migrated my ReiserFS IDE disk to a
larger IDE disk.

I booted to a live CD, then used rsync to copy all the files.  (rsync worked
better than regular cp since it could be interupted and dealt with minor
problems better).

I suggest you boot to a live CD, rsync everything to a USB disk, then repeat
the process in reverse the process once you have the new disk installed.

Good luck!

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence