Tim Allen on 18 Dec 2008 06:20:49 -0800

Re: [PLUG] The wonders of WinXP

Two useful tools for people who run into similar problems with XP:

(1) WinDirStar (Google it, free, open-source). This sorts directories
and files by their size. You can run it from an external drive,
easily, and find space hogs on your hard drive. Very useful, if I were
M$, I'd buy it and include it with Windows.
(2) CCleaner (former Crap Cleaner) - analyzes all temp spaces in
Windows, and deletes everything from them - also can be run from an
external drive. It also has a wonderful registry cleaner than has
never failed me.

Regards,

-Tim