David Coulson on 21 Dec 2008 07:26:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] swap on ram disk

Art Alexion wrote:
No.  The 32-bit kernel can only access 3.2 of 4 GB.
The other memory is used to access video memory, DMA and so forth. There is no way with a 32bit kernel to access the physical memory which is being used to address other memory devices. Remember, you have an 4Gb address space to access everything on the box, not just RAM.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.
I'm saying that you can happily run 32bit firefox on a 64bit system, however the entire process size of firefox will not be able to grow beyond 4Gb. 99% of the time, that isn't a problem.

I could not find it.  I thought I had to use nspluginwrapper to use
the 32-bit version with 64-bit Firefox.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

I typically install a 64bit OS and mix and match 64bit and 32bit applications as appropriate.