Art Alexion on 21 Dec 2008 06:51:21 -0800

Re: [PLUG] swap on ram disk

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:12 PM, David Coulson <david@davidcoulson.net> wrote:
> Which extra 800Mb? Are you talking about memory eaten up by using PAE,
> or something else?

No.  The 32-bit kernel can only access 3.2 of 4 GB.

> You know you can run a 64bit kernel, and still run 32bit Firefox &
> Openoffice?

Yes.

> Each process will be limited to 4Gb, but you can access the
> full 4Gb of system memory.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

> That said, I believe there is a 64bit version
> of Flash available for Linux.

I could not find it.  I thought I had to use nspluginwrapper to use
the 32-bit version with 64-bit Firefox.

artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface