Adam Zion on 22 Dec 2008 17:51:18 -0800

[PLUG] VNC server on Kubuntu 8.10

I have been tasked by my boss w/configuring linux so that an older PC can be used to access our Citrix server (to run Windows apps), run Google Mail + Docs (for communication), and access an internal database via a telnet client. All of this was simple to accomplish.

However, the final test to see whether this can be a viable solution for my office is to configure remote control. VNC Server is easy to configure on Windows, but not so much on Kubuntu 8.10. Specifically, even when I follow the instructions I've found online, I'm constantly running into problems where the server rejects connections. This happens even if I kill the Kubuntu firewall entirely, so I doubt that's the issue.

Has anyone here gotten a vnc server working in Kubuntu 8.10? I've gotten krfd working, but would prefer to use a more standard (and stable) product like x11vnc or vnc4server.

Thx.
-Z

--
Adam+Zion, MCSE+I, Registered Linux User #471910
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the uni...