Jason Harlow on 23 Dec 2008 07:36:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] VNC server on Kubuntu 8.10

I use FreeNX (www.nomachine.com) to access my xubuntu and ubuntu
machines remotely. It's much quicker than VNC (Especially over a
non-LAN connection), and easy to install (There are .deb packages
available on the page). The only tricky bit for some with FreeNX is
you have to install the private key provided by the install on the
client machines (it's in something like /usr/NX/share/keys, just
copy/paste into the client's "Keys" dialog.). If you decide to use NX
and have trouble figuring it out I'll actually go look and find it.