edmond rodriguez on 22 Dec 2008 22:48:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] regulating network traffic

If the Qos on my router will work, then I just need to get control of port usage.  A seemingly daunting task (at least finding any documentation).  For example, how does one control the outgoing ports that Firefox wants to use.   Bittorrent does not allow control of outgoing ports.  I think utorrent does, but I don't know if that is a safe application or not.  To get control, I will most likely have to change the application (I think).

So that is what I am working on now, trying to get a handle on port usage.  My router only understand applications like Skype and the messengers.  So I have to depend on port ranges for other applications.