Adam Zion on 23 Dec 2008 15:51:56 -0800

[PLUG] Linux config for work, pt 2

Thank you to the person who recommended x11vnc; I installed that, and it's working swimmingly... provided I start it manually on the linux box each time I want to use it. Not so good if the idea is to have it start automatically when the user logs in. And when I place the script- or any script, for that matter- in the .kde/Autostart directory, all I get is the text editor Kate opening the file. And, yes, I was sure to run chmod +x on the file when I put it in the directory. This is the same thing which happens on my home PC, too: scripts placed in the Autostart directory are opened as text files, even if I chmod +x them.

Second issue: autologin. I set the account to automatically log in, but it does not do so. Has anyone else had success configuring Kubuntu 8.1 to do this?

Many thanks,
-Z

--
Adam+Zion, MCSE+I, Registered Linux User #471910
This, too, shall pass.