Jon Bringhurst on 26 Dec 2008 09:29:26 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Reasonably secure email

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:15 PM, David Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com> wrote:
> malware security application.  (i.e. Why bother to trojan GnuPG, when
> I can intercept keystrokes from the keyboard driver?)

Why bother touching the computer I want to eavesdrop on at all when I
can just sit in the parking lot with a VHF antenna and watch the
screen with Van Eck phreaking. I suggest keeping things you need
secure on paper in a fireproof safe, in the center of a mountain.
Surrounded by guards watching 24/7. Make sure you have adequate
satellite surveillance.

/me goes to watch the paranoid people google search for how much
TEMPEST shielding costs....