Eric on 27 Dec 2008 09:36:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] dual monitors with ubuntu

Ah, excellent.

I used a NVidia card a number of years ago and every time the kernel
upgraded... bang! X was broken and I'd have to download the kernel
sources and recompile.  PITA.  I'm glad to see that there is a solution
to update it with the kernel.

My current Diamond Stealth Radeon card (built by Diamond Multi-Media -
uses ATI Radeon chip) is "non-standard" as far as the ATI drivers are
concerned :-(   It seems to work okay with the default drivers in Ubuntu
8.10 so I have dual monitors (The desktop is about 39 inches diagonal,
about 37 inches across and about 12 inches high... WOO HOO!!)   I'd like
to upgrade to a better supported card (usable 3-D and acceleration with
dual monitors) so thanks for the info!

Thanks,

Eric

#  Eric Lucas