Walt Mankowski on 17 Jan 2009 18:10:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Recording Phone/Cellular Conversations Linux

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 08:50:53PM -0500, Eric wrote:
> If you are going to record a telephone conversation you must be
> cognizant of which state you are in (as in: one of the 50... not "mental
> state" or "solid|liquid|gas"), which state the other party is in, and
> what the wiretap laws are in both states.  I'd recommend that you check
> with a lawyer before you do anything like this.  The consequences can be
> very bad.

Rather than jumping through a bunch of legal and technological hoops,
might it not be simpler to ask the person on the other end of the line
for written confirmation of whatever you've discussed before agreeing
to it?  Other options I can think of off the top of my head are a)
physically go to the bank (assuming it's local) and talk to someone in
person, or b) go Luddite on them and conduct all transactions with
them via US Mail.

Walt, who is not a lawyer, nor does he play one on TV.