Casey Bralla on 23 Jan 2009 14:37:40 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Comcast and port 25

Yes, I had the same problem with running a smtp server.  Port 25 is blocked to
incoming and outgoing traffic.   To send eMail, I had to have my mail server
connect to Comcast's server on port 587.  Thye would gladly relay my mail as
long as I was a customer.

Incoming mail is impossible, unless you use one of the redirecting services
which receives your mail, then redirects it to you on another (unblocked)
port.

BTW, I don't think comcast blocks everybody on port 25.  It (the blocking)
apparently is triggered somehow, or maybe they've been gradually blocking it
for more and more customers.

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence