sean finney on 25 Jan 2009 00:23:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] VPN issues

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:42:42AM -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
> I have windows-based Sonic Wall software that lets me do it in a vm, but no
> luck yet with native Linux software.  vpnc works, and there is a GUI wrapper
> for KDE.  I just have the problems I mentioned when I do it that way.

and this isn't something you can't fix with a few calls to route(8)?  I
would think it would be osmething as simple as:

	sudo route del default
	sudo route add default gw <local-gateway>

or along those lines at least.  but there's also probably a way to
do this via vpnc directly as well.  try googling for "vpnc routing",
it seems to point at some config options...

also don't forget that your dns/resolv.conf can get updated too,
which you might want to change back.

	sean