K.S. Bhaskar on 26 Jan 2009 09:01:52 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux Laptop recommendation

Knoppix is 32-bits.  Take a *buntu or Fedora 64-bit live CD instead
for today's hardware.

I once bought a laptop from a show, taking a live CD with me to check
it out.  It worked (still works), but I wouldn't do it again.  There
is no way to know what quality of service the seller will provide.
For something that I use every day, I would only go with a known
vendor or one recommended by someone else.

-- Bhaskar