Steve Morgan on 27 Jan 2009 19:30:46 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

If the FIOS is setup via the Ethernet port on the FIOS box on the side
of your house, then it uses nothing special to use it.  It operates
like any regular Ethernet port that polls for DHCP leases (no PPPoE).
No special software needed to operate behind the router.  The service
seems pretty agnostic that way.  I have my own equipment at the
gateway and no Windows computers or other special software running to
make it work.  I never had Verizon DSL so if you have specific
questions I would be happy to provide you my input, but I have had no
blockage of websites or any other activity apparent of nanny BS.

I would hope that others on this list could speak up about port
blocking as I am quite curious myself but have yet to perform any real
testing.

Regards,

Steve Morgan