Michael Leone on 29 Jan 2009 10:43:36 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Sendmail and Blackberrys

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Jon Bringhurst <jon@bringhurst.org> wrote:
> While I've never tried to get Blackberries working with sendmail, I
> can say that at my last job we had a Blackberry Enterprise Server
> hooked up to a clustered Exchange server. We literally needed to
> restart the thing once a week.

I used to run a BES server with an Exchange server, and never had to
reboot the thing. It ran in a VM. We currently run one here,
interfacing with Lotus Notes (God forbid), with a few hundred BB
users, and rarely have problems. Uptime is currently 43 days (because
we haven't rebooted for updates recently). Also  going to replace ours
with a VM.

Most of the people I know who run a BES server find it to be extremely stable.

> on. With 14,000 people trying to use it (including a US gov
> undersecretary and medical personnel) you can imagine some of the
> craziness that the help desk got hit with when it went down.

You had 14,000 Blackberry users? Or 14,000 Exchange users?