Tim Allen on 29 Jan 2009 11:17:37 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Sendmail and Blackberrys

I use Blackberry with both Sendmail and Google Apps. I would also
highly advise staying away from Exchange/BES, it is a mess, even if
you lose a few features. I did a full write up on migrating from
Exchange/BES to Google Apps/BIS. Take a look into BIS, it can do a
lot, and comes free with any Blackberry data plan that I've ever seen.

You can see my write up here - just replace your sendmail POP/IMAP
settings in place of Google's when setting up BIS:

http://www.peregrinesalon.com/2008/11/17/kicking-the-habit-ditching-ms-exchange-and-blackberry-enterprise-server-for-google-apps/

Regards,

-Tim