Brian Vagnoni on 31 Jan 2009 19:54:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Anybody Using Kde 4.2 Yet?

----- Original Message -----
From: Casey Bralla

> Has anybody tried KDE 4.2 yet?
----- Original Message -----

I'm using it with Opensuse 11.1 & I'm miss KDE 3.x. I wish I could give you more info but the jury is still out for me. It complicates a lot of the stuff I use to be able to do quickly with KDE 3.x. It's the future so there are reasons to struggle with it just like I struggled with Vista at first. If you are not interested in struggling then I would say wait, as I told XP users at the time to wait.

Best case advice load the OS using it as a VM, or dual boot and use what you can depend on for work. When you have time to play, play with it. I haven't tried switching back and forth Gnome, KDE 3.x, KDE 4.x ...etc in my experience that can be problematic.

Technically Linux is suppose to do the Window Manager switching deal well. I haven't had great experience with it perhaps others have.