Glenn Kelley on 31 Jan 2009 20:17:43 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Anybody Using Kde 4.2 Yet?

yeah

I am far than pleased...
Funny not that this makes the decision for me - but even Linus
Torvalds who used to tell everyone GO KDE ... has changed the tune of
the gospel he spreads...

In an interview given to Rodney Gedda of "Computer World" - Australia
he said:

I used to be a KDE user. I thought KDE 4.0 was such a disaster I
switched to GNOME. I hate the fact that my right button doesn't do
what I want it to do. But the whole "break everything" model is
painful for users and they can choose to use something else.

I realise the reason for the 4.0 release, but I think they did it
badly. They did so may changes it was a half-baked release. It may
turn out to be the right decision in the end and I will re-try KDE,
but I suspect I'm not the only person they lost.

to read more of the article follow this link:

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/012209-open-source-identity-linux-founder.html?page=1