Art Alexion on 1 Feb 2009 10:04:09 -0800

[PLUG] FiOS & Linux

I ordered Phone & Internet yesterday.  The price was right.  Currently phone
and DSL cost $68-72/month.  We pay Sprint Long Distance $3-10 additional for
long distance and local toll.

FiOS base price is $57/month and will replace Sprint as well.  Who knows what
taxes will add to the $57.

I got the confirmation email with prep requirements.  Among the requirements
is a windows virus scan.  We don't own a windows computer. Besides Linux, we
have one Mac laptop.

How difficult is it going to be dealing with the technician to set this up if
we only use Linux?

Also, I understand that we will be getting a new modem/router/switch thing.
Our current combo appliance provides our LAN switching as well as being our
internet gateway.  Verizon did not support the LAN setup with DSL.  Is this
going to be a problem with the new equipment?