Jon Bringhurst on 5 Feb 2009 12:57:12 -0800

Re: [PLUG] RHEL Subscription Question

>From the license, it seems like you need *all* of your RHEL machines
to subscribe or *none* at all to stay legal. You can't have a few with
a subscription and a few without. As far as the software itself goes,
it looks like it's mostly GPL, so you should be ok there as long as
you don't install something under a non FOSS license. If you have a
current subscription it might be a good idea to just log a support
call to see how their lawyers interpret it so you don't run into
problems. (IANAL of course)

-Jon