edmond rodriguez on 6 Feb 2009 12:58:13 -0800

[PLUG] Running an existing native installed XP on a virtual machine?

While we are on the topic of virtual machines, I am curious if anyone has had success running XP on a virtual machine on Linux using an existing XP installed partition (native install).

My machine came with XP installed, and I could only back it up, but not make an install disk (that I know of).   And it would be nice to be able to still boot XP natively and have it reflect any work I did while running on a virtual machine.

I already know there must be many issues, like hardware recognition, video settings, etc, and the risk of things getting corrupted.  I also know some or all of the recognition is dynamic, so maybe it would fix all the issues during boot time.

Edmond Rodriguez