Art Alexion on 11 Feb 2009 07:50:58 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT (but not really): Tough Interview questions

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 09:12:33 am Chad V wrote:
> I got sent this problem to see if I was even worthy to fly out for an
> interview.  I've put about 10 hours into it so far and it will
> probably take me another 10 hours to finish the script and write up
> the reports.  It has been a pretty good challenge since the logs were
> not in any standard format for web servers.

Whoa...

I'd (1) have to be pretty sure they were serious, and (2) that I really wanted
that particular job.  Most of all, in my flavor of paranoia, I'd have to be
sure they weren't just trying to get some free development out of me without
paying.

I'd probably ask them to produce their solution as soon as I handed mine in,
to be sure that the foregoing wasn't happening.  I had a PalmOS development
company try to pull that on me once.